4G Cards

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:17:47 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Jim Herrmann <kclug at itdepends.com> wrote:
> Did I mention that it needs to be portable?  I have a cable modem at my
> house.  I've seen 10MB download speeds from that.  Not looking to replace
> that.  I need to be mobile.  Columbus, OH, Panera bread, any restaurant or
> coffee shop, etc.  I want to be able to be wired in to do billable work from
> any city in the US, any place I want to hang out and people watch that
> particular day.  The beach is probably not practical at this point in
> Kansas, but that's the general idea.  4G makes the completely mobile office
> totally possible.

It does, if you have coverage.  If you're counting on 4G being
everywhere, you'll be sorely disappointed.  While 4G is great when you
have it, the coverage areas for all carriers of it are quite small.
Consider if 3G makes your mobile office possible and you're thinking
along the right lines.  4G will just be gravy when you're in a
coverage area.

--
Chris