[ArchChat] anyone else heard of bitcoins?

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:12:57 CDT 2011

I've heard of bitcoin, find the idea interesting, but doubt it will ever be
widely accepted as a currency.  Governments will legislate against it if it
looks ilke it's getting any traction at all.  Look no further than the guy
who was sent to federal prison recently for "economic terrorism" by minting
gold coins he called "Liberty Dollars".  The Fed has a monopoly on creating
money in the US, and doesn't like it when people try to compete.