Ubuntu 9.04 with file issues Cross posted by intent- we're supposed to compare notes on such problems - I hope.

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 19:18:05 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Christofer C. Bell <
christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Jack <quiet_celt at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm not being dramatic, merely stating the facts. Feel free to point out
>>> which of my statements is not factual, and correct me if you find an error
>>> in anything I said. Please be specific and quote verifiable sources for your
>>> proofs.
>>

>> My "source" for this opinion is my experience in working with Linux for
>> sixteen years~
>>

> My source for Sun's opinion is the Tier 3 storage support engineer I was on
> the phone with trying to recover a failed Veritas volume on a Sun V880 a
> couple of years ago.

I should add that my source for SGI's opinion is the Tier 3 storage engineer
I was on the phone with earlier this year (nice guy from Texas, can't
remember his name, either) while I was troubleshooting a rather nasty
failure in a TP9500 storage array attached to an SGI Origin 300 cluster of 2
nodes.  The filesystem in this case is xfs under IRIX 6.5.

I'm sure Jeffrey will get a kick out of that one, too. :-P

--
Chris