What is your opinion on "Do Not Track"?

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 09:53:26 CST 2010

It's hard to make a comment on something that the FTC is trying very hard to hide the exact details of the rules they plan to implement.

Without seeing the rules, one can't really make an informed decision. From the vague statements they made, it only seems to make things worse for the anonymous web surfer. Not that I trust the FTC come come up with useful or intelligent rules that would actually protect consumers.

Firefox has a private browsing feature, and I believe Opera now has a private browsing by tab option. I suspect Firefow will go that way too or an add-on will. I suspect Explorer 10 or 11 will too, just to play catch up.

The government is great at screwing things up for the masses. Just look at the mess they created with the idea of corporations and limited liability. An idea meant to further commerce (by protecting investors from losing everything should a ship be attacked by pirates or lost off the Cape of Good Hope) and keep companies morally beneficial. Well that worked out well didn't it?

Jack