Anybody want a great big server?

Kendric Beachey kendric.beachey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:22:43 CDT 2009

I have a big (and heavy) server in my basement that I'm not using.  I think
it currently has some ancient version of Gentoo on it but given this
audience I'm guessing that will not be kept.

The name of the game with this beast was redundancy...it's not too
impressive by today's standards, but it should be able to keep ticking
through quite a few invocations of Murphy's Law.

Dual P3 Server
Includes:
- Intel SC5000 chassis (may be able to find hardware for
rackmount...currently set up for desk side)
- Supermicro P3TDE6 motherboard
- Dual Pentium 3 850Mhz CPUs (runs stable @ 1.13GHz)
- 512MB ECC Registered PC133 RAM (256MB stick x 2)
- U160 capable hot-swap drive bay (holds up to 5 1inch drives)
- Qty. 5 - 18GB 10k RPM Ultra2 drives
- SCSI CD-ROM
- SCSI CD-R drive
- ATI RAGE XL video card
- Integrated 10/100 Intel NIC
- Integrated U160 dual channel Adaptec SCSI adapter
- 2 64-bit/66MHz PCI slots
- 4 64-bit/33MHz PCI slots
- Redundant 350W power supply

Given the age, the weight, and the probable distance to drive to pick it up,
I'm saying it's free to a good home.  (Or a bad home...it's a computer; it
won't care.)

I live in south Olathe, a couple miles from Garmin...that could be a
convenient transfer point (especially if we host another KULUA meeting).

Kendric Beachey