KCLUG Microblog

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:18:35 CST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 13:55, Chris Bier <chris.bier at cymor.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know how I missed this before...
>>
>> .com?
>
> Yes, it's on Billy Crook's server, not the "official"(?) KCLUG server.
>
> Official is a funny word when talking about a group with no organization. :-)

I originally registered the .com domain when who ever had 'official'
control over the .org one was having trouble keeping the DNS servers
up, so that there would still be some way to get to the site.  I run
DNS slaves too now which obviates some of the need for the alternate
domain name.  kclug.com has an A record pointing to the same server
that serves kclug.org.  If that box or its colo went offline the site
would go down, but that hasn't happened very often.