Re Undoing an update

Craig Aldinger gonzogone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:09:08 CST 2009

I have recently built up a new computer and loaded it with a Canonical disc
of Ubuntu 8.10, so far, so good. I like the OS and the upgrade from 7.10 was
worth it. Until this morning.... I got the lit icon, checked the list of
updates, shut down all other open programs and started the process.
Downloaded 23 or 26 updates, among them a new linux kernel and its
associated stuff, download proceeded smoothly and, at the end, required a
system restart. I did so and that's when my troubles began. The list of
weirdness is long and convoluted so let's just say it essentially crippled
my computer. After some roundabout troubleshooting with Oren, I got it to
run (sort of).

What I want to know: is there a way I can undo/delete that specific update
(all 20some of them) and restore my OS to where it was and, if so, how?
Command line stuff is still a bit intimidating for me but I am always
interested in learning so if the answer goes that direction, I'll learn!

Thanks,
Craig

--

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."
Raoul Duke