Sugar in a VM

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 00:53:09 CST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Jack <quiet_celt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone run Sugar in a VM? I'm thinking about giving my daughter a VM session, and having it run Sugar? I understand it's very kid friendly.

Only once, long ago. It's more "never used a Windows/Mac/KDE/Gnome
based computer" than kid friendly, ie. it's design for fast learners
with very little to no experience with traditional desktops. if your
kid is at all PC savy already, he/she may "get" a well themed XFCE
install better than Sugar.

> On that subject, has anyone ever launched a VM directly from X? Or do I need to plan on making it something that runs after she logs into her KDE/Gnome session? So far I've only run VMs from inside of KDE. Although I don't see why I couldn't do it from a VT shell.

Should just be a matter of changing the greeter script from launching
KDE to launching the wine-kvm/xen/virtual-box guest.

--
Fedora 11
(www.pembo13.com)