If Gentoo can die off, ReiserFS is doomed (was Re: Reiser FS or ext3?)

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 13:52:09 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Monty J. Harder <mjharder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Drives with this technology could be marketed as having "Secure Deletion"
> capabilities, and easily command premium prices.  Wouldn't you gladly pay
> $10 more for a drive that can wipe sectors so well that even the spooks
> would get nothing out of them?

Absolutely not.  I would be highly suspicious of using any such drive
for my hypothetical criminal activity, as a drive marketed as having
SD features might /really/ have some kind of covert channel
phone-home-to-Echelon feature allowing the spooks to 0wn the box
remotely.  Perhaps interfacing with the pc-speaker-as-microphone
feature.

--
"checks and balances" is not financial jargon