DRM and the PRO-IP Act - Limited time opportunity? Shameless self-promotion?

Sean Crago cragos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 06:59:11 CDT 2008

When I left KC to serve in Kathmandu I lost my address near Gladstone. As
such, I reverted to the congressional district where I grew up in Illinois.
You guys probably cover four or five districts in MO and KS, though, so I
figured I'd drop you a link to the open letter I just hammered out to mine.
If Yahoo, MSN, WalMart, et al are going to pull the plug on their DRM
servers right before the passage of the (still far from perfect) PRO-IP act,
why not use the opportunity to get ammendments passed that allow consumers
to bypass the DRM? If it's getting railroaded through anyway, let's turn it
to good: The DMCA trust should go both ways, if it's to be retained at all:
Consumers shouldn't get their shit turned off if they respect the DMCA's
provision preventing them from unlocking their files.

http://mrzaius.com/blog/?p=108

Sean Crago
Kathmandu