Reiser FS or ext3?

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:41:06 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:32 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anybody good with writing user-space filesystem drivers?  I would like
> to build a file system on top of SQLite with the fts3 module.  I think
> Unix semantics can be delivered with just a few tables.
>
> The files table:
>   BLOB data
>   docid
>
> a directories table, containing nothing but a rowid
>  rowid
>
> a directory entries table:
>  integer directory
>  text type
>  text name
>  integer entity

Surely this is a good starting point:

"The libsqlfs library implements a POSIX style file system on top of
an SQLite database. It allows applications to have access to a full
read/write file system in a single file, complete with its own file
hierarchy and name space. This is useful for applications which needs
structured storage, such as embedding documents within documents, or
management of configuration data or preferences. Libsqlfs can be used
as an shared library, or it can be built as a FUSE (Linux File System
in User Space) module to allow a libsqlfs database to be accessed via
OS level file system interfaces by normal applications. "

http://www.nongnu.org/libsqlfs/

Justin Dugger