Google Chrome

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 17:25:16 CDT 2008

--- On Fri, 9/5/08, Christofer C. Bell <christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Sounds like what you don't like about
> > Chrome could be a selling point for
> > managers and instructors.
>
> a.) That's what corporate firewalls/proxies are for.

Then you should feel lucky you've never worked in some of the places I've worked, where the employer felt a brief browse of the system logs once a month wasn't enough.  ;-)

> b.) Chrome doesn't do what's being discussed.
> It was mentioned as a wishlist item.

I thought the web comic explained that Chrome already had a separate process per-tab, such that one tab going down didn't take down the whole browser?  Wouldn't that allow a ps to reveal all of the tabs?