Acer Aspire One

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:07:17 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:35, Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO
<brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:
>  I almost bought one of those on Saturday.  Would you keep a regular
> laptop after buying one of these?

Abso-friggin-lutely!

> Would you consider it a replacement
> for the laptop, an alternative or just a cool toy?

Toy/alternative.  Long term, this thing is for my mom to get her
youtubes, intarnets, and email.  I don't see her ever needing/using
significant horse power.

> I tried one of the EeePCs and the keys were small enough I can't see
> using it for everything.

The size of the eee keyboard wasn't what got be so much as the key
placement.  The Aspire looks a little larger though.

> In fact I ended up not getting one of those
> and just waited and got a full-size laptop.

The xo and eee I (breifly) had became another family gift.  I wonder
what my thoughts on the Aspire will be when it actually arrives....
Hopefully if I really like it, I can catch some more at the next
wootoff.