VIA cpu motherboard combo (gOS motherboard)

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Sat May 31 14:29:52 CDT 2008

From: "Jon Pruente" <jdpruente at gmail.com>
> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM,  <lerninlinux at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Has anyone tried either the Walmart PC, or specifically this motherboard?
> >
> > I have been thinking of getting one to build a file/backup/music server (only
> functions, unless normal pc goes down, then troubleshoot), so the low power and
> on all the time appeals to me.
>

> I was going to suggest the Intel D201GLY2 mobo (
> http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d201gly2/ ) but I just looke
> dup the gPC at Wal-Mart and it's now on clearance for $150 down from
> $199, if you can  find a store carrying it.
>
> Jon.

Jon, Where did you see the $150?  It is still showing $199 as of 2:27 pm, that I see, but the motherboard (would need memory too), is $60 with processor.

Thanks

PS (not available in stores, after their non computer people kept returning them when Windows software wouldn't run, but can have shipped to store)