Semi-OT: Congress about to limit artists' copyright rights

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 23:57:55 CDT 2008

--- On Fri, 5/30/08, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I promise all of you this: if this law passes, I'm going
> to take a picture of my ass and register it.  I'll forward
> it to the list~  :-D
>
> Jeffrey.

You think you're speaking entirely in jest, but just where do you think some of the "nude body" photos come from which are used in Photoshop to create "Jennifer Aniston...Naked!!!"?

If you don't register the copyright of your ass the instant such a law passes, then your ass may end up Photoshopped into a fake "nude" photo of John McCain/Ted Kennedy (pick the one which makes you personally say "oh horror!").