Interesting Reading?

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:09:11 CDT 2008

Doesn't the gentoo project often do that as well?  Sorry that was a reflex.

Eventually Anthony Minessale is going to run out of waking hours, or
space in his svn repository, or both.

Including the library version that you link against in your project's
source code has the very real practical result of making your project
immune to surprise problems stemming from library version
incompatibilities.  Maybe freeswitch will clean up its interfaces (if
it is in fact using unsupported interfaces to libraries instead of
simply repairing bugs for own use) when they get around to it.

I don't think freeswitch has a not-made-here problem -- look at how
heavily they use APR?

--
"do it first and allow the implications of what has been done to
settle in." -- Moglen on practical revolution