Free to good home -- retro server

Greg Brooks gregb at west-third.com
Fri May 16 12:36:34 CDT 2008

Free to good home:  Older (circa dotcom 1.0) 4u (maybe 3u... to lazy to
measure) Dell server with dual processors and 2gb (I believe) of RAM. RAID 5
config with three 9gb SCSI drives.

Boots to windows 2k, but I don't have the logons/passwords. Weights
approximately 10,000 lbs and sounds like a jet engine. May be used to
effectively anchor mid-sized military vessels.

Floppy, CD and three drive bays (hot-swappable) on the front. Rackmount form
factor. May not have faceplate (I need to see if I can find it).

Downside: It's in Plattsburg, MO, which is a solid 35+ miles north of
downtown. (Think: halfway between KC and St. Joseph)

Contact me directly at gregb at west-third.com if you'd like it. To be
considered, your reply must have a two-sentence statement of advocacy for
your favorite *nix OS and why I should be using it.

Greg