DSL link aggregation?

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sat May 10 23:28:11 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Charles Steinkuehler
<charles at steinkuehler.net> wrote:

> | * I can't do what I want to do with DSL bonding/aggregation/etc to boost
> | outbound bandwidth.
> |

> Mostly.  It's pretty well determined that setting up two DSL links to
> increase the performance of a single TCP session (your FTP file upload)
> is going to be more pain than it's worth (particularly if the discussion
> has gone way, way over your head, as you indicate!).  :)

presuming that two dsl links to the same premises would both be using the same
route, compiling bonding into a kernel and creating a bonded interface in mode 0
should work.

this quote from linux bonding.txt:

	balance-rr or 0

		Round-robin policy: Transmit packets in sequential
		order from the first available slave through the
		last.  This mode provides load balancing and fault
 		tolerance.