DSL link aggregation?

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sat May 10 22:49:57 CDT 2008

Because scp can't do directory listings, and programs that are set up
to use FTP to do an entire interactive session can't use that single
session to get the files they need.

If you're working with a system that's currently using FTP, you often
can't just drop in scp.  Time is money, and rewriting your application
to use ssh/scp to do what you were previously using FTP for doesn't
make much sense.

The reality is that SFTP is poorly done.  The command incompatibility
doesn't make sense in many ways, there are many features that could be
easily implemented that would make it much more capable, and its
terrible handling of output makes scripted use a real pain.  I'm not
saying it's useless, I'm saying that it's surprising that it's so
mediocre considering how great the rest of the OpenSSH project is.

Perhaps Theo has something against SFTP?  It would make sense, as he's
such a huge douche that I could see him getting in the way.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a