DSL link aggregation?

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:41:56 CDT 2008

I'd like to point out that SFTP isn't really "superior".  It's much,
much more secure, but it's not "superior" to FTP.  It has commands
that are similar to FTP, but it's not completely command-compatible,
and there are a LOT of things that FTP can do that SFTP can not.

I recently had to move some Expect scripts over from using FTP to
SFTP, and it was a royal pain in the ass.  In general I'm not very
impressed with SFTP.  It seems to be someone's weekend project, not a
fully functional subsystem.  If you need an example just look at the
output, and try to suppress/redirect it in a useful manner.  Then try
the same with FTP.  SFTP could really use some community effort in
improving it, especially considering that a lot of businesses (like
Sprint) are using it heavily in-house.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a