Sad News....

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 09:35:35 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Phil Thayer <phil.thayer at vitalsite.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23697230/
>  >
>  > Someone who inspired me to get into computers when I was a kid. :(...
>
>  This really touched me:
>  http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/03/video-arthur-c.html
>

>  --
>  Fedora 7 : sipping some of that moonshine
>  ( www.pembo13.com )

Sir Arthur's story "Imperial Earth" also contains the User Interface
guidelines for both pocket computers and Net terminals. Those chapter
extracts describing those items should be mandatory reading for UI
designers.

I teased my wife last night that a fitting tribute would be a full
minute shutdown of all Geosynch orbit comsats.
Then I came up with the more fitting tribute that we all should make
sure his books are in current edition in our school libraries. And we
have to research whether he used Linux.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645