Usenet going bye bye

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 00:20:55 CDT 2008

--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Ty Unes <riverty at kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Anyway, looks like I have to find another Usenet server. I
> have never had to shop Usenet servers before. You mentioned
> Supernews, Giganews, and Usenet.com. Does anyone have a
> suggestion on which to use?

I had an instructor (2006) who had a Supernews account, and she liked it a lot.  Of course, she used it mostly for the "binaries" groups, and would sometimes be running a news binary downloader during class to take advantage of the college's much faster bandwidth, but surely Supernews has the full set of newsgroups.