No subject

Mon Sep 10 16:57:11 CDT 2007

prepayment account, representing a liability to balance the asset. Then when
the bearer redeems the gift certificate, they debit the prepayment account
and credit sales.  The end result of both transactions is precisely what
would have happened had there been no gift certificate involved at all.

And I don't see the Novell coupons as substantially different.  They took
money from MS, in exchange for a defined value of Novell services that
Novell will provide.  This is a no-win situation for FOSS, because even
trying to make the argument feeds into the "GPL is VIRAL!!!111oneoneone"
meme.  If we lose, we look stupid, but if we win, it confirms the meme.

------=_Part_24872_4523180.1191425456605

------=_Part_24872_4523180.1191425456605--