Say "Bye-Bye SCO!"

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 14:39:23 CDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Joe Fish <reverend.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another bad anology -- health code laws are about as different from
> copyright laws in both their written form, and their interpretations in
> court, as two things can be and both still be called "LAWS".  You're still
> missing my point -- the trend in this country is to try to create "IP" law
> (both written laws and case laws) that gives the creator of something
> ULTIMATE, TOTAL, AND ABSOLUTE CONTROL UNTIL THE END OF TIME of the thing
> they've created.  Can you really say the same seems to apply to laws that
> govern health conditions at McDonald's?

Health codes are designed to give the public some assurance, absolutely,
totally, and until the end of time, that you will not get food sickness by
eating at a compliant restaurant within city limits.

That said, loading my bowl with sliced clams right before closing at
Genghis Khan was stupid and I harbor no ill will against the place.