Say "Bye-Bye SCO!"

leenix leenix at kc.rr.com
Tue Sep 25 06:23:08 CDT 2007

Hello All:

I am totally new to this group, so forgive me if I overstep. I am also
not an expert on ANY version of the GPL. But I am reading your posts and
am actually learning a bit about them. For that, I thank you.

If I am right, I believe what Joe is talking about is not necessarily
the law, but how people might distort the law for their own ends. All
mothers have baby pictures of their kids naked. (or maybe they don't and
I need some therapy :0)) Does this mean they're guilty of child
pornography? Practically, no. Technically, yes.

Again, I am just a lowly programmer and know very little about the
technicalities of the GPL, so forgive me if I sound stupid or am talking
out of my hind parts.

I am also very interested in what the MAIN differences are between GPL
V1, 2 and 3. Is there somewhere to get a simple explanation of these
from someone who has no stake? You can read some things about them on
blogs, but they are always bashing v3  or loving it. I haven't found a
place with someone just explaining the licenses.

Thanks again,
Lee