Have you seen this!?! Burning saltwater

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:05:22 CDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Jack <quiet_celt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No it can't. H produces 52,000 BTU/lb 3 time the
> energy of gasoline. It has the highest energy content
> of ****ALL**** fuels.

But energy density can also be measured in terms of volume, in which case
Hydrogen has one of the worst energy contents.  Hydrogen either takes up too
much volume or must be massively compressed/refrigerated.  Good old gasoline
is the reigning king of energy density per unit volume for uncompressed
liquids (at normal human temperature).  Biodiesel is a very close second,
which is very encouraging, provided that we make it from waste products,
instead of the corn that poor Mexicans would like to feed their kids,
running up their cost of living and making them want to support the
terrorists who just blew up a half-dozen Pemex pipelines.