Hardware request - CPU heatsink/fan

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:05:25 CDT 2007

I'm piecing together an AMD system from odds and ends.  I just got a
Duron 1.4Ghz chip when I swapped in a Thoroughbred Athlon XP 2100+ in
my dads machine.  I have a somewhat broken Azza KT133XT mobo that
might work with the Duron at 266DDR FSB (as the manual hits at being
possible for "future processsors"); it is missing a heatsink clip nub.
 It's missing the center one on the non-overhang side (ie opposite
from the side that has "Socket 462" imprinted on it).  Thus, I am
looking for a late generation Duron spec'd heatsink that clips on to
the larger two (outer) clip nubs.  Or, a mobo&heatsink/fan to use that
is capable of 266DDR FSB.  I could trade something or pay a little bit
for a heatsink from a LUGer to save a bit of hassel before I go
digging through the bins at Comp. Swap&Shop or Surplus Exchange..

Best to ask here first!

Thanks,
Jon.
(of course I'll be running Linux on the finished machine, if I find
enough functional parts...)