Have you seen this!?! Burning saltwater

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 19:47:34 CDT 2007

1) No Hope. You can't achieve 100% efficiency. It's
the law.

2) Nothing, repeat nothing can be done to release more
energy that is put into it. You may not recognize the
source of that energy, which may be locked in
potential energy waiting to be released by the
combination of the right chemical or by EM energy.

3) Endothermic reactions still obey the law of
conservation of energy. It merely refers to the final
temperature of the byproduct. Some reactions absorb
heat, others give off heat and still others do
neither.

4) The idea that we shouldn't use hydrogen as fuel
because it takes more energy to extract it than it
will deliver is silly.  The only way to get fuel
that takes less energy to produce than it takes to
make is to pump it out of the ground, and I'm not
entirely certain even that is true. Do you think it
costs less to produce batteries than it does to
produce  an energy equivalent of Hydrogen? You have
the cost of manufacture, the cost of the containers,
the assembly,
the production of the acid, not to mention all the
manual and mechanical labor to assemble and package,
etc.

All that said, this technique may be useful for
extracting Hydrogen. It needs to be determined if
it takes less energy to do this than other methods of
extracting Hydrogen.