"Attempted" Copyright Infringement may be illegal soon.

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 17:43:02 CDT 2007

--- Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 06 September 2007, Leo Mauler wrote:
> > And if an uninsured American needs basic
> > care, they don't go *anywhere*, or they go
> > help shut down their local hospital by
> > getting extremely expensive E.R. care for
> > which they can't afford to pay.
>
> Please explain how the E.R. care costs the
> hospital anything. Just because they bill a
> large amount doesn't mean it's justified.

I'm not sure I understand the concept of proving that
a business that hands out their expensive products for
free is losing money on the transaction.
"Self-evident" is the word that springs to mind.

E.R. care isn't just a doctor and two nurses waving
their hands and saying "Let him be healed!", they are
using material goods and stressing out the parts of
machines to accomplish their goals.  If the bills for
those goods go unpaid by the uninsured, even you
should agree that this has cost the hospital
something.  Even if we toss out doctor and nurse
salaries (as many hospitals have been forced to do),
the rest of the requirements for care are still there
and still need to be paid for.