No Linux for Online Job Testing

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 09:23:11 CDT 2007

VMWare was not a solution because I'd still have to
run out and buy a copy of Windows XP to run on top of
Linux in VMWare.  More likely these days I'd have to
buy Vista instead, and then there's the learning curve
of figuring out how to install and use Vista on top of
taking the test.

WINE might have been a solution except that I was
dealing with some sort of proprietary Windows
solution.  Usually with WINE you have some sort of
indication from the WINE folks or from message boards
whether or not a given application will run in WINE
(IE, Microsoft Office, Morrowind, etc.) and that
wasn't the case.