"Attempted" Copyright Infringement may be illegal soon.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:55:40 CDT 2007

Whole content snipped to appease the Snippyobsessed.

Seriously speaking though, the concept of criminality before an overt act is
an affront to sanity. Conspiring as a group could not be applied to an
individual absent a chain of  witting communication between suspects. And
suspect is the proper term pending a conviction.
Oh, one can mock up straw dogs such as extant statues on burglar's tools or
"presumptive intent" EX: prohibited acts "doorknob shaking" or "handle
pulling". All of which center on the concept of an ACTION of no innocent
possibility, or tooling AND other factors to show probable cause. Which must
be held up through a standard set of due processes to establish guilt beyond
reasonable doubt. SO one would sadly concede that since due process has been
cremated upon the altar of  Paleoconservative "Anti-Terrorism" rhetoric all
our rights that
*HAD* been protected by the late lamented "due process" are now
nonexistant.
Point being that in the de facto incineration our bill of rights has
suffered there's no longer even a need for pretense of law. SO all that
needs to happen is someone "in power" arbitrarily declaring _you_  a
"Padilla" and it's GAME OVER.

The part that makes all I have said on topic is that since "Open Source"
software by design and inherent nature renders  hidden code up for
disclosure if only we remain vigilant. Which raises one closing zinger that
will title my next thread.

" IS using closed source software contributory negligence to malfeasance's
caused by exploits?"