Recommends for a Linux laptop- preferably an abuse resistant model.

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:28:47 CDT 2007

On 10/26/07, Bradley Hook <bhook at kssb.net> wrote:
> I'm waiting to see how well the ASUS Eee PC turns out. There should be
> models on display at Best Buy within the next couple of weeks, so I'm
> hoping to play with one before I buy.

Me too.  I've been fairly active editing the Wikipedia entry and on
eeeuser.com.  I really hope to get one at least by a couple months
after the Christmas season.  The biggest advantage is the size for the
price.  You can find all sorts of UMPCs with somewhat similar specs,
but they all cost $1k+.  Even at $399 for 4GB/512MB it's not a bad
deal.  Sure, you can get a generic cheap-as-crap full sized laptop for
not much more, but then you're luggin around a 6lbs. 14"-15" monster
instead of a <1kg & 7" portable.

Jon.