Hello! I'm new... be nice.

Steven Hildreth sphildreth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:30:42 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Phil Thayer <phil.thayer at vitalsite.com> wrote:

> But, if you don't use IIS then what web server would you use in
> Windows?  I mean isn't that the industry standard for web servers?  After
> all it is, easy to use, robust and reliable, isn't it?

Hehe, man this is good stuff.

The part that, I believe anyhow, was meant to be funny by the original
'jokester' was that a "Linux Users Group" website was running on Windows and
by that would inherit the known issues of IIS and therefore be unstable -
quite the contrary to nearly any Linux + Apache installation.

It could also be a poke towards the LUG regarding the time when the
kclug.org DNS got borked and the kclug.org site would not resolve properly
and hence would not get served to requesting clients, this made the
appearance that the webserver was "down" and immediately, this group being
full of smart ass geeks, the root of the failure was attributed to many
illogical (presumably humorous) possible culprits.

Either that or he is an idiot, I am not sure.

Regards,
Steven