Hello! I'm new... be nice.

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 21:31:43 CDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Mark Gardner <markgard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/07, Jason D. Clinton <me at jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> > I think that was Billy's keen sense of humor.
> > http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.kclug.org
>
> Good, sarcasm is not easy to convey in email. I was going to be sorely
> disapointed.

Not only that, but neither is irony.

Hi, I'm a Language Nazi.  Some people think it's an obsession with
irrelevance, and some go so far as to say it's rude, but we all know how
important it is to use the right language when communicating with a
computer.  I think it's also important we do so when communicating with one
another, and when "communicating" with ourselves, a/k/a "thinking".

Humor has to have some element of truth/reality to be really funny.  Think
of the GEICO commercial with the caveman and his therapist: "So simple even
a therapist could do it.", and the therapist starting to explain why it
wouldn't be funny, before the caveman interrupts to show how insulting that
is.  This meta-joke, however, IS funny, because Political Correctness is
obviously very real.

I can't find a way to make this alleged "joke" meta-funny, much less funny
in its own right.  Especially when it wasn't funny the last time.