Messing around with my network on Linux

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 18:01:22 CDT 2007

--- Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> You want fun?  You should see vi.  It will make you
> cry.

I amused my first UNIX/Linux teacher by sticking a
special wallpaper on the RedHat 6.0 Linux system I
built as part of the classwork, in letters of fire on
a black background (Script-Fu in the GIMP):

VI VI VI
The Number Of
The Beast

Once I figured out how to get into insert mode, how to
delete lines, and how to save and quit, vi lost its
horror.

Granted, I did drop vi for Pico, and later Nano, the
first chance I got.