Novell coupons and McDonald's gift certificates

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 12:50:16 CDT 2007

--- Jack <quiet_celt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "Monty J. Harder" <mjharder at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 10/2/07, Jack <quiet_celt at yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This is equivalent to me buying gift
> > > certificates from McDonald's and then
> > > distributing them to hundreds. This in
> > > effect makes me a conveyor of McDonald's
> > > meals.
> >
> > I do not get this.  When you give/resell a
> > McDonald's gift certificate, you aren't
> > "conveying" the meal in any sense at all.
>
> It is of course a conveyance of a McDonald's
> meal.  It's has no value other than in exchange
> for a McDonald's meal. You can't take a
> McDonald's meal to Texaco and buy gas with it.
> You can't buy anything at WalMart with it. You
> can't cash it a a bank. It's only goo for
> McDonald's meals.

Considering where the U.S. Dollar seems to be heading,
McDonald's Gift Certificates might be legal tender for
gas or WalMart clothing at some point in the near
future.  After all, the U.S. Dollar isn't backed up by
much anymore, whereas the McDonald's Gift Certificate
is backed up by the Big Mac Standard.

"Get Linux and save some Big Macs!"