JOBOP: Looking for UNIX gurus

Hal Duston hald at kc.rr.com
Mon Oct 15 10:10:33 CDT 2007

This arrived at the webmaster address.

Thanks,
--
Hal Duston
hald at kc.rr.com

----- Begin forwarded message -----
Subject: Looking for UNIX gurus
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:09:07 -0500
From: "Roberts, Katy L [HR]" <Katy.X.Roberts at sprint.com>
To: webmaster at kclug.org

I'm a technical recruiter at Sprint Nextel and have 3 positions I'm
trying to fill.  I've included the information for one of them
below....do you know anyone who would be interested OR other places I
can find folks?  I really need help on this one....any help you could
provide would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Using business process engineering techniques, develops technical
solutions and management processes to achieve overall objectives by
means of implementing systems or enterprise wide solutions, using the
company's or a third-party's hardware/software products. Develops and
recommends solutions and strategies, based on the analysis of customer
business goals, objectives, needs, and existing systems infrastructure.
Participates in sales and proposal presentations in addition to
completing ongoing team account activities. Identifies additional
product/services opportunities in customer organization.

3-5 years experience working in (SAN) Storage Area Network or (NAS)
Network Attached Storage environments. 3-5 years expereince provisioning
and managing storage space to EMC (CX & DMX) and NetAps devices. 3-5
years experience working on Cisco/McData SAN Switch environments to
include Zone definitions and activations
Previous Sun/Hp System Administrator experience to include; Clustering,
Vertias Suite, EMC Power Path and others
Experience with SRDF, TimeFinder/BCV products from EMC.

Establishes operational objectives and work plans. Delegates assignments
to SMEs, career level professionals or subordinate supervisors.

Required skills include: 3 years experience working in (SAN) Storage
Area Network or (NAS) Network Attached Storage environments. 3 years
experieince managing EMC and/or NetAps Storage in a highly complex
environment.
3 years experience working on Cisco/McData SAN Switch environments.

Preferred skills include:
Previous Sun Solaris or HP Unix System Administrator experience
Previous experience with EMC SRDF, Time Finder products.

Katy Roberts
Sprint Nextel
Recruiter II- Information Technology, Human Resources/National Staffing
6360 Sprint Pkwy, Mailstop KSOPHE0102
Overland Park, KS 66251
Office: 913-762-1070
katy.x.roberts at sprint.com