Kclug Digest, Vol 39, Issue 9

Eric Johnson ericlj63 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 07:28:31 CDT 2007

On 10/10/07, Jestin Stoffel <jestin.stoffel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 16:24 -0500, Luke -Jr wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Jestin Stoffel wrote:
> > > google is a very FOSS friendly company,
> >
> > Maybe in financial and service contributions, but what Google product has ever
> > been itself open source?
>
> None that I can think of, but I got to give them props for the Summer of
> Code.  I suppose that falls more into the financial contribution
> category, but it's more than most companies their size do.

This article might be interesting:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/21/microsoft_google_osi/

It's always nice to see that some people still believe in Google's
myths, though.

--

Eric Johnson

"Where your pleasure is, there is your treasure: where your treasure,
there your heart; where your heart, there your happiness."
Saint Augustine