OS CRM

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:32:33 CDT 2007

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:27:52 -0500
> From: Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org>
> Subject: OS CRM
> To: "KCLUG (E-mail)" <kclug at kclug.org>
>
> Got a friend looking for a good CRM/CMS system.  He's familiar with Act, which
> I've set up for clients before, but I seem to remember hearing that there was
> a good OS project that had a lot of momentum.
>
> If you actually know of something like this, or someone who's using it, even
> if it's a good Windows product as opposed to OS, please let me know.
>
> (Not being a coder or database guy, I'm not interested in suggestions as to
> how such a program should be written, structured, licensed, or packaged.)

No takers, huh? Well, the ones that I'm used to hearing about are
SugarCRM and OpenCRM. I never use the thing, having had preexisting
tools that were way, way, way too deeply integrated into our business
practices to even contemplate a massive shift. That said, it's
"supposed" to be decent.

This might also be of interest:
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/12/1113220

Be interesting to hear if anyone can vouch for the one over the other,
or an alternative over both.

Sean Crago/MrZaius