Job opportunity

cragos at gmail.com cragos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:56:02 CST 2007

GSI is a privately held, industry-leading provider of innovative
managed hosting and software application services located in Kansas
City, Missouri.  We have been providing companies, both large and
small, with customized, secure and reliable, enterprise-class services
since 1996. We work with a number of Fortune 500 companies and a
number of their advertising firms.

We need a couple of decent cross-platform people to help on the front
lines at our data-center off of 112th St & I-29, near the airport.
We're also looking for a couple of decent hardware people to help
build out new systems and higher level systems administrators. For
details on the other positions, hit the website -
http://gsihosting.com or send a your questions and a copy of your
resume to our hiring manager, jrogers at gsihosting.com, and let him know
you saw the opening on the LUG.

NOC Support:
Duties:
·  Maintain some 1500 SQL, web, and application servers ensuring maximum uptime
·  Troubleshoot problems and issues, escalating issues throughout the
organization
·  Become a primary support contact through our ticketing system and
the front line on the phones
·  Maintain system and network procedure documentation
·  Monitoring, remedying, and notifying clients of problems identified
by open source system monitoring tools
·  Diagnose and resolve Linux & Windows server, OS, network and other failures
·  Configure new and existing Linux & Windows servers using automated
deployment tools
·  Maintain Windows 2000/2003, Active Directory, IIS, ASP.NET, and MS SQL Server
·  Maintain multiple varieties of Linux and various open source web applications

Requirements:
·  12-24 months experience managing Linux and/or Windows servers
·  Strong troubleshooting skills
·  Solid familiarity with common internet protocols governing DNS,
e-mail, et al.
·  Familiarity with server-grade hardware
·  Ability and willingness to work afternoon/night shifts.
·  We need candidates that are able to interview ASAP and must be able
to start within 2 weeks.
·  Candidates must be able to work up north near the airport.
·  They must be able to pass background check (NO felony convictions)

Let me know if you're interested,
Sean Crago
GSI Hosting Support