second paragraph from the bottom for all the conspiracy theorists --this is a new one for me

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:23:16 CST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 1:18 PM, Geoffrion, Ron P [IT] <Ron.Geoffrion at sprint.com>
wrote:

> Conspiracy Theory? I like to think of it as Coincidence Analysis. This
> one was about $20 Million ALD.
>
> http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/legal/raidday1.htm
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ron Geoffrion
> 913.488.7664

Saying what one will about details WE have ZERO audit trail or transparency
into leaves?

There are enough elements of logic violations in several directions in this
scene to raise "Reasonable Doubt". And in the Reality we once had it would
and should be subject to Due Process before ever getting a fraction this
far. Even accepting the rhetorical clause of
"Preserving Evidence " to validate a search-let alone seizure STILL requires
Due Process.

Probable Cause IIRC was never intended to be an arbitrary skeleton key into
private places. It was intent to PREVENT abuses that defined the terms as
they were written.
I am NOT a judge or lawyer yet the elements of reasonable doubt were I a
JUROR would have me NOT considering the SEIZURE as valid. Search to "Audit"
under Tax or Securities guidelines IF any could be shown in force might be a
mitigation of harmful intent. Seizure absent a declarable criminal or civil
violation of any sort is simple theft!

Back to how this affects our home arena of Linux:

Transparency and Audit Trails both are supposed to be inherent in many
places.
In software we see what we are able to. In some other areas? There may well
be well defined areas where transparency is NOT a Good Idea. Those are so
limited and should be hard sectored so to speak. See David Brin's essay for
details on how it could become.

http://www.davidbrin.com/privacyarticles.html