Framing web pages

Don Ellis don.ellis at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Mar 27 19:58:26 CDT 2007

I've heard about this for years, and will search for some of the
solutions I've seen. I'm not dealing with this right now, though.

When I did a Google search for "prevent framing", about every other
hit was potentially helpful. This one seemed most direct:

     http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/script1.htm

The down side of the given script is that you can't put that page in
a frame either. I suspect there's a simple fix for that. If this
isn't sufficient, let us know.

When I worked at Some Big Company, we had tests in our CGI scripts to
check that the referrer was one of our servers. Similar concept.

--Don Ellis