Framing web pages

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:26:58 CDT 2007

On 3/27/07, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> I have a client who is concerned that there are other web sites that are
> taking his content and placing it within frames on their web site as if it
> were their own.  I know I've seen this happen, and I think I've seen "click
> here if someone has this site framed" buttons or some such.  Does anyone know
> of a way to prevent the pages from being grabbed in a frame to begin with?

I would say that content as in HTML/Plain Text would be impossible to
make private. Unless you some how load it dynamically with flash or
something that doesn't embed into the HTML code. But either way,
content is content someone will find a way to copy. The only thing I
would press is copyright and give credit where credit is due.