USB flash recovery tools?

Jared jared at hatwhite.com
Tue Mar 20 02:48:23 CDT 2007

Monty J. Harder wrote:
> On 3/19/07, Jared <jared at hatwhite.com> wrote:
>> > I reject SI byte units *because* they are SI/metric, not just
>> > because I'm used to the original units.
>>
>> Count me in the minority among geeks, but I do also. The
>> British system is superior to the French "innovation"
 >> <snip>
>> Rather, an informed one who has no interest in blindly following
>> SI/metric because I know the 200-year-old political agenda
>> behind it, which I still have no interest in supporting, for
>
> Imagine me, of all people, not wanting to get into your political
> discussion...

Well, it's off-topic, and wide-ranging, discussing two- and
three-hundred year old origins of ideas, rather than being
confined to the events of the past decade as if they were
sufficient to understand larger patterns. Plus I had a public
education in Independence, MO, so I tend to get theories and
facts wrong and argue endlessly about trivial things. Easy
to imagine why you wouldn't want to get involved. :-)

> If you oppose SI, then why would you want to use its terminology?  The

To oppose it only strengthens it. Rather than oppose, it is wiser
to not advocate it. And when someone else starts advocating
it as 'superior' then it's time to weigh in and least propose
an honest study of its origins.

And I use the terms kilo mega and giga because they are common.
There is no need to be fanatical about these issues. But it
is reasonable to be informed and thus speak with precision --
and precision is the point that Luke was originally making.

Oren, the "Stones Per Inch" proposal is one to remember for
a long time. Clever.

-Jared