USB flash recovery tools?

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:46:39 CDT 2007

On 3/19/07, Jared <jared at hatwhite.com> wrote:
> > I reject SI byte units *because* they are SI/metric, not just because I'm used
> > to the original units.
>
> Count me in the minority among geeks, but I do also. The
> British system is superior to the French "innovation"
> Rather, an informed one who has no interest in blindly following
> SI/metric because I know the 200-year-old political agenda
> behind it, which I still have no interest in supporting, for

Imagine me, of all people, not wanting to get into your political discussion...

If you oppose SI, then why would you want to use its terminology?  The
prefixes 'kilo', 'mega', and 'giga' were used in SI long before there
were computers with 1024 bytes of memory to count.  There's got to be
some British terms that can be applied to the task, although it's more
likely they'd have to apply to a number like 1760 (yds/mi) or 112 (the
number of pounds in a British 'hundredweight') or somesuch.