USB flash recovery tools?

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 17:47:33 CDT 2007

Recovered!  I spent some time plugging and unplugging it, and cracked
the case and pressed and poked at all the components.  Finally several
tries later it recognized, and actually mounted a filesystem.  I
immediately opened a Terminal window and dd'd a copy of the entire
device.  It gave me the same file size as the other copies, but this
one had readable files on it.  When that was done I tried browsing the
drive and the files I checked out opened ok.  Then I mounted the last
image I made with dd, which I had named with a .iso extension, and it
mounted fine and the files were available there.  SO, I unmounted the
drive and un- and re-plugged it.  It didn't mount.  I did it again and
it mounted.  Unmount and tried again, no mount - and it hasn't since.

At least I had that small cahnce to make a good copy of the device.

Jon.