Speeding up a machine

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue Mar 13 11:26:34 CDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 21:27 -0600, Kyle Sexton wrote:
> To help speed up boot times you might want to check the Upstart
> project that Ubuntu has been working on.  I know that it's supposed to
> speed up boot times by replacing the old way init works.  I'm not sure
> if it's made it's way onto Fedora yet though (or if it will).

Note that this advice should only be taken as where to find information
on what people are working on with regard to boot times. While it would
be possible to inject a new init system in to Fedora, the amount of time
and level of skill required would be so high that it's only viable as a
research project.