Preferred Linux Flavor for Web Server?

Brian Kelsay ripcrd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:01:01 CDT 2007

"less than ideal" is an understatement.  I tried to install Gentoo on a
PIII-500 and it took a week of evenings to keep checing on it and approving
different items and setting USE flags, etc.  I wanted to say I'd done it, so
I did and I hated it.  I have no fond memories of looking back on it or
anything other than it was a complete waste of time and electricity.

Tons of reading, tons of little tweaker custom command lines to get things
to work.  In the end, no faster or no more useable than a Debian server
install or any other distro that took only one evening.