Preferred Linux Flavor for Web Server?

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Mon Mar 12 13:26:47 CDT 2007

RtX wrote:
> Anyway, I do think I will run Xubuntu. Lighter duty desktop (which I
> will not use much at all) and Debian based which I like.

I would advise against installing X11 on a server unless the server is
intended for use as a remote-desktop-ish server. It's a total waste of
resources, and you are much better off using SSH for remote
administration (more reliable & secure, client is more common, lower
bandwidth overhead, etc.). I personally use Slackware minus the x, xap,
kde, and kdei package sets on my servers.

~Bradley