Installing Kubuntu 6.10 on VMWare 6.01 running on WinXP SP2 workstation

Jon Moss mossjon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 10:19:10 CST 2007

I was so excited yesterday when a colleague of mine
installed VMWare on my development workstation at
work.  Now, finally, I could install Linux at work!

So I grabbed the Kubuntu 6.10 ISO file (downloading it
to the aforementioned workstation) and read the VMWare
help file about installing other operating systems.

I thought everything was going great because I was
seeing the Kubuntu logo and it started the install.
However, it reaches a point (even after the second try
when I told it to do the install in safe graphics
mode) where the screen expands horizontally and I
can't see what it wants me to do anymore.  I get a
shadowy stretched image but not enough to decipher
what happens next.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jon Moss